Bedok HDB Rooms For Rent

johntimber by johntimber @
Hi,

I am moving to Singapore in 3 months and therefore I am looking for an apartment for rent. While doing some research I found out that there are so called 'HDB flats' in Singapore. They are much more cheaper than other properties for rent. I could not find out if you can rent such a flat as expatriate. I hope u can help me with that and tell me more about the requirements etc.

How does it actually work with the agent fees/comissions when renting a property? Do I as a tenant pay? Or does the landlord cover it? Is it better to contact agents directly instead of searching for properties in the web? Are there any agents you can recommend?

I just started with searching for an apartment, condo etc. for rent. At the moment I am based in Europe. And I will move to Singapore in 3 months. I am planning to stay in a hotel for the first time. How is your experience. Is it too early if I flew to Singapore now for making appointments with agents?

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/other-asia/17828-housing-singapore-rental-hdb-requirements.html
Creative video production studio

Thanks
johntimber by johntimber @
Hi,

When the owner of a Housing Board flat moves to private property, should he be allowed to keep - and profit off - his old flat? This question resurfaced in both the print and online Straits Times Forum pages last month, just as the Government was starting a series of conversations to gather Singaporeans' views on housing issues.

Some felt it was unfair to let well-off property owners use a public flat to get even richer.

This objection goes as far back as 1993, when letters to Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao decried how private property owners were "profiteering" by renting out their HDB flats - a practice which was illegal then.

The debate gained new life in 2010 when policy changes created an apparent "double standard": HDB flat owners could keep their flat if they went private, but private property owners must sell their home to get an HDB flat.

For More Details:
Animated Explainer Video
New Post
feeds Feeds
admin Briayan newsgprop Andrewpaul234
tasmin22 CharmBoo propertysalessingapore@gm johntimber
claradsouza Willsondmello emmawils Marquez